5 Helpful Tips for School
1) If possible, using digital books can help reduce your child's backpack weight! However, be sure to encourage good reading posture by making sure the electronic source is kept at eye level.
2) Scoliosis affects 2-3% of the U.S. population. The most common type is juvenile idiopathic onset. This means that it starts in children and young teenagers. ASC provides free scoliosis screenings!
3) Having proper athletic footwear is essential for any fall activity. Did you know that ASC patients receive 10% off of their New Balance purchase? Ask Dr. Salminen what type of shoes he recommends for your feet.
4) Do you study or work at the dinner table? This places increased stress on both your neck and your low back. Make sure your computer and/or books are read at eye level. Poor work and study posture is a common culprit for losing your NUCCA correction!
5) When was your last eye exam? A proper eyeglass prescription is not only good for your eyes, but also your neck muscles! Less strain and tension on your neck makes it easier to hold your NUCCA correction!